Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Capacity to See



Genius is the capacity to see ten things when the ordinary man sees one ~ Ezra Pound

You could also say, that people who have lofty goals and go after them also see ten things when the ordinary person sees one.

Just a quick note for today, I hope your October is winding down like you want it to.  For my fellow writer participtang NaNoWriMO, good luck, I hope you achieve your goals.  For those of you not in the know, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month where thousands, if not millions of writers will be feverishly working to write an entire novel during the month of November.

For the last two years, I felt guilty that I wasn't able to participate in this quest to write another novel, but this year, I am choosing not to participate.  I am choosing to take the time I would normally use writing and using it to read some books recommended by a publisher to polish my manuscript A Place to Call Their Own.  I'm not saying I won't ever participate, but right now, this just isn't good for me.

Have you ever opted out of an activity designed to help you achieve your dream goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment