Saturday, March 17, 2012

Try Something New



Everybody who has a creative mind should try something new ~ Nat King Cole

Whether you consider yourself a creative/artist type or not, try something new is advice anyone can take.  For many folks in Corporate America, annual review time has either just happened or is in the process of happening.  Many of us get advice from our bosses on trying something new at this time of year.

Are you trying something new on your dream journey this year?  I went so far as changing work schedules that has helped me be more creative during a time of day when I have more energy.  I also have more time to work on my novel and I’ve even had to create a new boundary for myself so I’m not so wiped out before I go to work and have to concentrate.

Another something new I’ve learned recently is that I need to do more brainstorming, story planning, and outlining up front.  If I would have done that earlier in my process, I don’t think I would have had as many stops and stress and blocks in the process.

What have you tried new and different recently to help you on your dream journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment