Tuesday, March 13, 2012

You Can Reach Out



There are things you cannot reach, but you can reach out to them, all day long ~ Mary Oliver

The only thing I would add to this quote is the word yet.  There are things you cannot reach yet, but you can reach out to them, all day long.  There are things we cannot reach, that's why we're on our individual dream journeys together.  But we can reach out to them every day.

We're almost through the first quarter of the 2012.  How is your dream journey coming along this year?  It have probably made more progress in the last three weeks than I did all year last year.  I know that's an exaggeration, but it sure does feel like it.  I am going to start recording my word count weekly so I can keep track of my progress.  It's been wonderful to tell friends that I've written 5000 words a week for the last two weeks.  I have a new schedule at work, and soon a new job, that allows me more creative time in the morning to work on my novel.

I've also created some new routines with updating this blog.  That's working very well; I feel a sense of urgency to have the next blog post written 24 to 48 hours in advance.  In the past, I was paralyzed with fear when I was trying to blog every day.  And blogging every day never worked out very well.

And at the same time, I understand if you haven't started on your 2012 goals.  Two of my biggest accomplishments were not started until April or May.  Just don't wait too long.

There are things that we cannot reach daily, but we can reach out and work towards them everyday.  Have a great week, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment