Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Plus Name for Regular Activity




Creativity is merely a plus name for regular activity.  Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right, or better ~ John Updike

Any activity does become creative when you try to do it right or better.  I have spent the last year at my current job figuring out ways for my team to do things correctly 100% of the time and get better at doing it.  All we’re going to taking messages for doctors and paging them out.  Now that work has turned in to a new career opportunity which I get to start in April.

In the last few months I switched all my cleaning products from expensive brand name products to a very effective and more cost effective replacement.  I now use white vinegar for all most of my cleaning needs.  By mixing one part vinegar to one part water, you can clean just about anything:  appliances, counter tops, glass, bathroom fixtures.  Believe it or not, the vinegar smell rarely lingers.  And a small bowl of vinegar placed strategically near the cat box has helped to neutralize odors there, too.  Cleaning was so much more fun those first few weeks than it had been.

Is there some day to day chore you can figure out how to do better, which in turn might help you reach your current dream goal?  I’d love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment