Thursday, March 8, 2012

Music...Magic Beyond What We All Do



Ah, music.  A magic beyond what we all do here ~ JK Rowling

Do you have a “soundtrack” to your life or a soundtrack to the work you’re doing?  I definitely have certain songs that are attached to certain memories in my life.

The “Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler reminds me of the year I graduated high school.

Whitney Houston’s “I will always love you” reminds me of the year that I turned 21.

“Hey, Soul Sister” by Train is a recent addition to the soundtrack of my life that includes my partner Thomas.

I’m sure you have some memories as well of good songs.  As a writer, I also have a “soundtrack,” for my current novel.  Sometimes the I ran across the song after I had a scene or a chapter written.  Other times, I have been thinking about a scene and a song pops into my head and I think, this is the same mood I want to this scene to convey.

Music is just a part of our lives.  Imagine a movie without a background score, the Super Bowl (or any football game for that matter) without a Half Time Show.

Does your current dream journey have a soundtrack?  I’d love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment