Saturday, May 12, 2012

Nights When the Moon Howls



There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls ~ George Carlin

Do you ever have nights when you just can't sleep because your mind was racing?  How do you deal with those nights?  Sometimes my mind races because I have a new thought or idea in my head.  Sometimes, it has to do with my current WIP and I just sit down and continue my writing for the day, which adds to my weekly writing goal. 

Other times, I have brainstorms about other new and exciting novels yet to come.  I also take the time to get out my ideas "on paper" and then I can usually rest.  The cool thing about this approach is I have notes and some writing started for six additional projects. 

No matter what your dream goal, I hope you have an outlet for the creative insomnia that hits everyone once in a while.  Whether it's reading a book to help you relax and get to sleep or actually working on your dream journey, you just never know when that creative energy is going to hit.

How do you deal with your late night creative energy?

No comments:

Post a Comment