Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lump in the Throat



A poem begins with a lump in the throat~ Robert Frost

I might challenge this and say that any dream begins with a lump in the throat.  I can remember the day that I read the words that inspired me to start writing A Place to Call Their Own.  I can also remember the day that inspired the writing my next novel, Disappear With Me.  Both of these days are “lump in the throat” memories for me.

Lump in the throat moments have been few and far between for me, so my advice is that when you get them, act on them.  Remember, there is not time like the present to start working a goal or a dream.  Even my mother, who is looking forward to retiring in August on her 62nd birthday, has found a new passion that she’s looking at pursuing.  And she’s so excited about the possibilities.

What lump in the throat experiences have you had lately?  I’d love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment