Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Don't be Trapped by Dogma



Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking.  Don't let the noise of other's opinions drownout your own inner voice.  And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.  They somehow already know what you truly want to become.  Everything else is secondary ~ Steve Jobs

Twelve years ago I decided that life was too short to sit around and be a drone to a corporate lifestyle.  I decided then that I needed to figure something out to do outside of a routine, eight to five corporate job.  At the time, I thought that ticket out was going to be Tupperware.  Twelve years later, I know that ticket is through writing.

All year long I've been talking about taking the entire year to get your New Year's Resolutions accomplished.  My resolution for 2012 is to get my first novel published.  I've got it written and have am working on some editing, but for the most part, I've sent it out to some small presses and am waiting to hear back.  If things don't progress by the end of the year, I'll pursue some self-publishing options.

It's still not too late to get started on a New Year's resolution.  You have nothing to loose by getting started on a dream goal today.  For me, it would be worse for another tragic event to happen and feel remorseful that I didn't get any novels written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment