Saturday, September 15, 2012

What Nobody Else Has



The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you.  Your voice our mind, your story, your vision.  So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can ~ Neil Gaiman

The one thing that you bring to your dream journey is yourself.  No matter if anyone else has made the same journey, each one of us will put our own mark on the journey.  That's what makes each one of us special, even if we are embarking on the same type of journey together.

No matter what your journey, there is probably some advice on how to achieve your goal.  As a writer, there is a lot of information on pursuing a fiction writing/publishing career.  Just about about everything I've read says I should be making a blog post every day.  But that routine has never worked out for me.  Even after coming up with the premise for my blog, I still struggled to get posts done daily.  If you look at my blog history, you'll see that I wrote more posts in 2011 than in 2010.  And this year you'll see I've written nearly twice as many as I did in those two years combined.

I figured out in February that I couldn't live up to the daily blog post.  I just couldn't do it.  But what I did figure out is that I could plan two posts during the week and each day of the weekend.  That's when I came up with my Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday schedule.  It's not everyday as recommended, but it's a regular schedule.  Since February I think I've only missed one day.  I've posted "off" schedule because of announcements I wanted to make or posts that participated in other events that needed to get completed.

Make your journey your own and I'm sure you'll provide some inspiration for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment