Tuesday, September 18, 2012

You Have to Let it Out



Dreams express what your soul is telling you, so as crazy as your dream might seem - even to you - I don't care:  You have to let that out ~ Eleni Gabre-Madhin

When my dreams first came to me, I brushed them off.  I thought I was nuts for thinking that I could help make such things come true.  But once I saw that others just like myself were successful, I knew I could do it, too.

When the thought first entered my mind to sit down and write a novel, I passed it off as someone else's dreams.  But the more I thought about it, the more I realized it had been my dream at one point.  It still took me nearly two years to come up with a premise for my first novel and get started writing, but I did it.  And now four years after starting the writing, I am working on the editing.

So no matter how crazy those ideas that gnaw you might be, listen to them, because it is probably telling you what you should do with your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment