Tuesday, September 4, 2012

No Greater Gift



There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling.  It's why you were born. And how you become most truly alive ~ Oprah Winfrey

Sometimes our callings don't come to us right away.  Oprah herself started in broadcasting at a young age and was told she wasn't right for broadcast journalism.  As we all know, she went on to host/lead the most successful daytime talk show ever and now runs the OWN Network.

My story is similar.  I thought my calling was to be a direct sales professional with a large downline.  I was involved with Tupperware, SimplyFun, The Body Shop at Home, and Avon.  It was while I was a Tupperware Manager that I created my Vision, Goals, Routines, Boundaries, and Friends mantra for success.  I still use that formula today as a writer just waiting to be published.

There is no greater gift than to honor your calling.  Have you found it?  Are you looking?

No comments:

Post a Comment