Sunday, February 10, 2013

Accept, Then Act



Accept -- then act.  Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it...This will miraculously transform your whole life ~ Eckhart Tolle

Sometimes ideas come to me and I have to at least get the notes down. Sometimes that is because the idea is so good, I don't want to forget it.  Other times, it's because if I don't take some time to get it into my notes, it just gnaws at me and I can't think about anything else.  These are the moments that I grab and accept.

My second novel, for example.  I had it's premise in my mind and then one day at church, the opening hymn made me think of the story and the characters entered my mind.  That afternoon, I came home and worked on a loose outline and pounded out 2500 words that became the first chapter.  After I got that initial burst of ideas and words out, I was able to put the idea out of my head and focus on finishing my first novel.  Since then I've taken the time work out stories for future novels. 

How do you accept present moments and make them work for you and your dream journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment