Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tranquility Within Ourselves



When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere ~ La Rochefoucauld

As crazy as it sounds, the more progress I make, the more calm I get.  The more progress I make, the less stressful this whole business of publication becomes. 

Maybe it's because along the way I've learned more about my dream journey and what it takes to be successful.  Maybe, I've gained more confidence in myself and abilities along the way. 

I think the cool thing about reaching stretch goals are the residual benefits along the way.  Following strict routines in my writing has led to more success at work.  Last year's goals was to finish one novel and I was able to finish two.  The confidence I'm showing to others garnered me nomination and election to our church's Session (board).  All that from pursuing a dream goal of writing and publishing a novel.

What residual benefits have your realized in your dream journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment