Thursday, February 28, 2013

You Already Miss It



There should be a name for the syndrome that occurs when you're in Paris and you already miss it ~ Rosecrans Baldwin

I remember the day after receiving my bachelor's degree.  It felt like the day after a birthday or Christmas.  All the hype led up to one day and then in a blink it was over.  This is what I think it feels like to miss Paris when you haven't even left.

I immediately started working on a new goal and that got me going again. And that's what can happen when one pursues dream goals.  For me, each goal I achieve makes me want to achieve more.  Two goals I was able to wrap my head around last year about this time were that that daily fiction writing schedule and consistent blogging routines.

Once I finished the first draft of A Place to Call Their Own, I immediately started working on a second manuscript, Disappear With Me.  Now that A Place to Call Their Own has been accepted by a publisher, I can't wait to get Disappear With Me polished and edited and ready for submission.  Each goal I achieve makes me want to achieve more.

What small goal did you achieve that helped you continue to achieve more?

No comments:

Post a Comment