Tuesday, February 5, 2013

It Continues to Entertain



I was born inside the movie of my life.  The visuals were before me, the audio surrounded me, the plot unfolded inevitably but not necessarily.  I don't remember how I got into the movie, but it continues to entertain me ~ Roger Ebert

Sometime, when caught up in the throes for accomplishing my goals, I've forgotten to slow down and enjoy life.  There was a point last summer when Monday used to come and I'd already be exhausted from all the work accomplished on my writing over the weekend.  Then the week seemed to drag on until finally Friday came once again.

Now don't get me wrong.  There will be times when deadlines will loom, there will be goals to accomplish on someone else's timeline to meet.  Hopefully, most of the time that will be temporary.  When it gets to be boring, mundane, or the norm, that for me is the time re-examine my routines to make a change.  Remember - accomplishing a dream goal should be fun.

I kept up my routines last summer and within four months I had written my second novel.  I think I was really suffering from change in job and excitement from accomplishing so much last year with my writing.  I kept on and now I'm working on editing and submitting the second manuscript to publishers and agents.

What do you do to keep your dream journey fun and interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment