Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happiness



Happiness comes only when we push our brains and hearts to the farthest reaches of which we are capable ~ Leo Rostan

If you’ve been following along this week, on Tuesday and Thursday, I encouraged you to write a journal entry of what your vision of success looks like in the future.  Now I want you to revisit that vision and make sure it pushes you to the farthest reaches.

Having revisited my own vision lately and taking the time to come up with that dream lifestyle has fueled my writing and progress lately.  On my first novel, it is exciting to be done writing it, but sometime editing can get boring and tedious.  Reviewing my vision helps me get back to the task of editing; I really do want to get A Place to Call Their Own on the market this year.  

It has also helped fuel my creativity and work on my next novel.  I am stretching myself by using a non-linear plot and setting the story in a foreign country.  That will mean a whole different set of challenges and research to make the story believable to native readers. 

And I’m so happy to be in this moment on my journey.  I was a bit overwhelmed at first with the prospect having to balance editing with continuing to write a new story, but I think I have the appropriate balance for both projects.  And I’m still getting consistent blog posts published as well.

I hope you found time this week to create that dream vision journal entry.  Now go back and ask yourself, am I really pushing my brain and heart to the farthest reaches?

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment