Thursday, April 12, 2012

Something to Bring to the Table



You would not exist if you did not have something to bring to the table ~ Herbie Hancock

Just about two weeks ago we finished the first quarter of 2012.  I hope the plans that you have laid out for yourself this year are going well.  I am excited to share that everything seems to be working very well for me this year.  I finished the first draft of A Place to Call Their Own and am working on editing my manuscript.  In the meantime, I have started a second piece that is just as exciting and even more challenging than A Place to Call Their Own.  I planned for all that to happen and even seem to be a bit ahead of schedule.  What I didn’t plan to do this year was to change jobs a week ago.  And thankfully, my schedule gives full support to my writing schedule.  Everything is working out just fine.

If your dream journey isn’t moving along the way you’d like it to this year, maybe you need to go back and re-examine your vision.  Yes, all the way back to vision.  Tuesday’s blog post was also about your big picture vision statement.  Have you really taken the time to have a clear vision in your head of where your dream journey is taking you?  If not, this is the perfect time to stop and take the time to do so.

I compare your vision to outlining and noting my novels a bit better than I did when writing A Place to Call Their Own.  I just started writing with a vague idea of where I wanted the story to go.  Along the way I got paralyzed because I didn’t know where the novel was going.  Once I figured out where the story was going and had the plot completely fleshed out, the writing came very, very easily.  And for your dream journey, when you know exactly where you’re going and have a vision of what you’re trying to achieve, you’ll be able to move forward, confidently, every day, towards your goal.

Did you complete the vision journal entry I posted on Tuesday?  I’d love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment