Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Bumper Sticker if You Will



To have a reason to get up in the morning, it is necessary to possess a guiding principle.  A belief of some kind.  A bumper sticker if you will ~ Judith Guest

This is the first day of the second quarter of 2012.  If you're not already well on your way to achieving your dream goal this year, hopefully can you use this weekend to recharge, refuel, and get going on your goal.  You still have the rest of the year to achieve your goal.

When I look back at some recent success that I've had in the last six weeks, there are three things that stand out to me.  These have become my bumper sticker that have helped propel me forward.

The first thing that seems to help is a well though-out plan.  By taking a bit more time up front to prepare my notes, I'm getting through the sometimes more difficult chore of actually writing.

Tracking my weekly progress has also helped me move continue to move forward at a new, faster pace.  By setting large goals like 5000 words a week, I am actually achieving those goals and the new WIP is moving forward much faster because of it.  I am keeping detailed records of my weekly activities (word counts) so that I have something to reference each week.  I never thought tracking would help me so much.

The third thing that has helped me is sticking to the routines that I know work for my life.  Making sure I hit my writing goal for the day, editing goal.  Even new goals and routines around blogging has helped me be more consistent and deliver better blog posts.  More people are reading my posts.  Maybe because I'm more consistent, maybe because the posts are better?  Hopefully it is both!

How are you doing this year?  I've love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment