Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Eye of Ignorance



It is the eye of ignorance that assigns a fixed and unchangeable color to every object; beware of this stumbling block ~ Paul Gauguin

When your dream journey gets revealed to you, at first you are excited and you dive into the work.  If you get immediate success that usually drives your momentum to keep going.  It has been when I have lost momentum that sometimes my "eye of ignorance" takes over and I run into the walls.

One of those stumbling blocks I've dealt with recently was my work-job work schedule.  After years of working a traditional 8 - 5 job (or something similar), I was offered a super opportunity to work 1 PM to 9 PM.  At first I hesitated and even asked during the interview if there would ever be an opportunity to work earlier.  But I accepted the position and the schedule.  And I don't remember being happier with a schedule for quite some time!

I love my schedule so much that when it gets changed and they ask me to come in earlier, it really puts a kink in my WWRR schedule in the mornings.  WWRR is my mantra, very similar The Situation's Jersey Shore mantra GTL (gym, tan, laundry).  WWRR stands for Workout, Write, Read, Relax.  It's my daily morning routine I follow before I go to work at 1 PM.

My partner will tell you that he would prefer it if I were home in the evenings, but I have gotten so much more done on my writing since I've had this schedule.

What have you changed recently, out of the ordinary, to help accomplish your dream goal?  I'd love to hear!


No comments:

Post a Comment