Thursday, June 28, 2012

If You're Quiet, You're not Living



If you're quiet, you're not living.  You've got to be noisy and colorful and lively ~ Mel Brooks

As soon as I quit smoking, I announced it to the world.  When I went back to school, I announced it to the world.  When I graduated, I threw a big party.  The other two major accomplishments in my life I did with fanfare and nerve.  And writing my first novel has not been any different.

Mel Brooks has it correct - if you're being quiet you're not living.  Life is meant to be noisy and colorful and lively, no matter what your pursuing.  Have you taken that step and announced to the world what you're trying to accomplish?

If you do that, doesn't that mean that you'll be accountable to anyone you tell?  Absolutely.  But that's the fun of it.  Making yourself accountable to others always helps.  When I was struggling with writing and a Twitter follower would ask me how my writing was coming along, that always prompted me to get started again.  Now when they ask, it prompts me to get over my hatred of editing and get the manuscript edited. 

So be noisy, be colorful, be lively and let the world know what you're trying to accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment