Thursday, June 14, 2012

WWRR, Baybee!!!



Most people are much more unusual and complicated and eccentric and playful and creative than they have time to express ~ Oliver Herring

My new mantra for my dream journey is WWRR...that is Workout, Write, Read, Relax.  It's kind of a play on the Jersey Shore's GTL (which stands for gym, tan, laundry for those of you not in the know).  And it's been works sooo well for me and my goals this year.

I don't always follow the same order, although working out is always the first thing I do.  If my workout for the day includes riding my stationary bike, then I read at the same time.  Writing is always the second thing I do.  My daily word count goal is 800, except for Fridays when I just do a quick 250.  After I'm done writing for the day, I go sit out in the sun and get my tan on and read some more. Finally, I relax mostly by catching up on television shows I missed the night before while I was at work.

You have to figure out what works for you.  When I was in direct sales (Tupperware, SimplyFun Games, The Body Shop at Home, Avon) we were always coached to choose specific days of the week and specific task to accomplish everything that needed to be done to grow large direct sales organizations.  I've basically used that same principle and applied it to my writing career. 

Figure out what works for you and follow those routines.  Set boundaries around those routines and you'll be excited when it comes time to get to work on your dream journey tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment