Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Sure Sign of Summer



It's a sure sign of summer if the chair gets up when you do ~ Walter Winchell

How's everyone's summer going?  As a student, Summer always started when school was out.  Now that I'm supposed to be an adult, summer starts Memorial Day Weekend.  The actual beginning of Summer was yesterday (June 20th).

The weather has not been any indication of the month this entire year.  It's only June and it feels like the hot, dry winds have been blowing all week in Missouri.  It's already hot and sticky, even at 9:00 AM each morning when I go outside and read and tan before going to work each day.  And for the last week, each time I get up, you guessed it, the chair sticks to me when I get up.

I can't tell you the last time I've had such an enjoyable summer.  Most of the time, I yearn to be out and free like the teachers (I wanted to be a teacher once upon a time).  I really should have gone back to school and gone into teaching at the college level six years ago to get that schedule.  But this year hasn't been bad at all. 

I get up everyone morning and follow my WWRR routine (workout, write, read, relax, not always in that order).  Part of that relaxing and reading has been sitting outside on my patio relaxing, reading, and getting a nice tan this year.  It's feels like a small victory in my larger dream of one day being able to support myself on my novels alone and live at the total whim of my own schedule.

How's your summer progressing?  Are you getting to do any of the things you've dreamed about?  I'd love to hear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment