Sunday, April 7, 2013

It Just Is



We never needed best friend gear because I guess with real friends you don't just have to make it official. It just is ~ Mindy Kaling

I've made five new writing friends recently.  I joined a critique group.  And I love them to death!  I've finally found the feedback for which I've been looking about my writing.

Although I've only been involved with this group for two weeks, I've really appreciated all the insight that I've gained from them. The feedback has been invaluable for me:  they are other writers also pursuing publishing careers and they are providing objective feedback. 

I've talked about the importance of community before and the importance of the support that I get from my writer community online.  My critique group is a different type of community.  It is a community designed to help us all get better.

What are you getting from your dream-journey community?

No comments:

Post a Comment