Saturday, April 6, 2013

Life Should be Touched, Not Strangled



Life should be touched, not strangled.  You've got to relax, let it happen at times, and at others, move forward with it ~ Ray Bradbury

I have to admit, I'm a bit out of practice making sure I get all my writing and editing goals completed each week.  I now have a critique group to go to on Wednesdays and this week we had a hair cut appointment.  So, I am short about 1800 words in my third novel and 16 pages of editing Disappear With Me

But like the quote says, sometimes I have to relax and let that happen.  Next, I will refine my daily goals so that I take into account time constraints on Wednesdays and any other day I have commitments in the morning that will take away from writing and editing.  And even though I had Friday morning to catch up, I really just needed Friday to relax knowing that the weekend is coming.

Although sometimes I have to push myself to move forward, there are times I have to allow myself a break just to regroup and move forward.  This has been one of those weeks.

When was the last time you gave yourself a break from your dream journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment