Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Right Place, Right Time



I'd be unbelievably wrong to say there isn't such a thing as the right place, right time -- luck ~ Charlize Theron

Are you always prepared to proclaim your dream journey to the world?  I am now after messing up on Saturday afternoon.  I attended another writing seminar on Saturday afternoon and the instructor asked me what my novel was about.  I panicked because I'm really working on three novels right now, so of course all I was able to croak out was "historical."

Earlier in the seminar, the instructor said we should all consider ourselves writers.  She explained that those of us who wanted to make a living from writing should be telling me people that is our occupation.  So I had two things I was not prepared for, until now.

After Saturday's debacle, I vowed to never be in that position again.  I am prepared to tell anyone who asks that I am a writer and that my current project is about social change in Edwardian England. 

Are you prepared for your dream to take off in the right place and right time?

No comments:

Post a Comment