Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Perfect Opportunity



I realized that my circumstances, while causing me despair and heartbreak, also held great possibility.  If only I could see it.  I knew that I was learning one of the most important lessons of my life:  that instead of waiting for the perfect opportunity, I should work towards a realization that every opportunity is perfect.  Each moment is perfect and heaven-sent, in that each moment holds the seeds for growth.  Difficulty creates the opportunity for self-reflection and compassion ~ Susan-Lori Parks

Are you waiting for the perfect time to start your dream journey?  Are you waiting to find the perfect opportunity that is going to be you ticket to a fulfilling career and lifelong happiness?  There is no time like the present to get started.

When I decided to quit smoking in 1997, it was a New Year's resolution.  I knew that work would be crazy in January and February, so I did decide to wait until March when I knew things would calm down.  But then March came and went that year and work never slowed.  It was April before I realized that.  When I realized it was April and work hadn't slowed down, I decided to quit smoking anyway.

There is no time like the present to follow your dreams.  I can always make excuses why today is not a good day to work on my dreams, but if I did that every day, I wouldn't be getting ready to publish my first novel.

I'd love to hear about a time when you started project even though life seemed busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment