Sunday, May 5, 2013

It's Hard to Be Old



It's hard to be old, but there's something liberating about old age, too, because finally you realize that you can claim your history in all its fullness, that you can give voice to your memory and speak its truth, and that it is not a betrayal or indiscretion to do so ~ Millie Werber and Eve Keller

Yesterday, I turned another year older.  It was a fantastic day, I do got meet my one of my friends and mentors, author Sheila Roberts, and had a great dinner with family and friends.  My parent got me a writing book I've wanted and my partner is getting me a tattoo next weekend.  I couldn't ask for a better 42nd birthday!

And the older I get the more determined I reach my goal of having a publishing career.  The older I get, the more I am claiming the memories of my past. 

What have you noticed about your dream goals as you've gotten older?

No comments:

Post a Comment