Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Right Frame of Mind



Lucky people create, notice, and act upon the chance opportunities in their lives. Being in the right place at the right time is actually all about being in the right state of mind ~ Richard Wiseman

Are you in the right state of mind?  Even I can admit, there have been times on my dream journey when I have not been in the right state of mind to find opportunity or receive feedback.

Since Saturday, I have been completing retyping my manuscript, Disappear With Me.  Yes, I am a writer and typing is what I do, but before this I had always just massaged the manuscript in its original form.  But I recently read this advice in a book, but I was resistant to try to this method.

All I could think about was the expense in ink and paper so I'd have the manuscript printed out to work from.  All I could think about was how much longer it would take to get the manuscript ready for submission.  I used every excuse I could think of to not try this method.

Yet, when I look back on many of the methods I used to be productive, most of them I reluctantly tried at first. So, armed with just my iPad and laptop, I started this retyping my manuscript on Saturday.  I figured out an acceptable word count goal to rewrite each day to get this manuscript ready for submission within a month. And with the right state of mind, I am much more excited about my second novel than I have ever been, as Leander's story gets refined little by little each day.

Tell me about a time when you were resistant change and were pleasantly surprised when you tried something new, I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment