Saturday, May 25, 2013

Luck



Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity ~ Randy Pausch

For those of us in the US, it is Memorial Day Weekend.  Maybe you're going to get-togethers with friends and families?  Maybe you're just going to the lake to relax?

No matter where you're going, do you have your elevator pitch prepared?  Do you have that two minutes commercial prepared to promote your dream journey? 

Last month I was caught completely unprepared, when I was asked in front of a group of strangers what my novel was about. I finally stammered, "It's historical fiction" but that isn't a description at all.  I finally settled with "An underdog story about two Civil War vets who go to Kansas to homestead" as a satisfactory one sentence elevator pitch for A Place to Call Their Own.

As you meet new people, whether this weekend or beyond, are you prepared to promote your dream?

I'd love to hear your elevator pitch in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment