Thursday, May 30, 2013

Opportunities



God, or a source of divinity, put together a map for our lives. That map includes opportunities -- not outcomes -- but opportunities. And those opportunities are contracts [or] agreements -- not that our ego or personality made, but our soul did ~ Caroline Myss

For the first time in a long time, I am excited to be busy during the summer.  For a long time, after Memorial Day came, I just wanted to start an extended summer vacation, just like it was when we were in school.

But this summer is different.  I am so excited to get to work.  I am working on edits for one manuscript that will be published in July and finishing self editing a second manuscript I hope to submit.  I am also meeting with a critique group weekly, so that weekly goal is keeping me going as well.

The cool this is that I have a choice, I have an opportunity to continue to work hard advance my writing career.  And that's another cool thing about dream journeys, they are up to us!  Maybe you are where you want to be and can take the summer off?  Maybe life demands that you take time off from time to time?  The choice is ours.

Will you work hard this summer or will you try to take it easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment