Saturday, August 18, 2012

Coke and Limeade



Here's to a ginger ale and cranberry juice with a twist on the rocks on summers eve ~ Jill Badonsky

I received my first rejection email this week!  Some might tell me it doesn't count because they didn't reject my work per se, they rejected it because of the fact that they aren't accepting LGBT submissions right now (their web site didn't say they specifically didn't accept LGBT).  And I'm all right with it.

You see, I know that on my path to getting published, I have to be told no.  And I know I have to be relentless.  This is just the first baby step in the long journey to getting published and the next phase of making my dream come true.  It's been easier for me to accept this because I've done my research and I have an idea of what it takes to get published in our current social and economic environments.   So I'll have to keep at it. 

What stumbling block in your your dream journey have learned to accept and move on?  I'd love to hear about it!

By the way, today's title in is reference to another of my favorite hot weather drinks is coke with a bit of limeade in it.  Sometimes we just have to take our punches and refresh ourselves and take the next step forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment