Thursday, March 14, 2013

Stop, Sit, Listen



...There are times when we stop.  We sit still...We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper ~ James Carroll

I'll never forget the day that a co-worker shared with me that she wanted to write a novel.  That was 2006.  That one brief comment in passing opened up possibilities for me that I had not imagined before.  You see, she reminded me that I, too, had once dreamed of being a writer.

It took me two years to come up with a premise for my first novel and four years to write that first novel. Now I have a publisher for A Place to Call Their Own and it's scheduled for release later this summer.

Sometimes your dream journey reveals itself in the subtlest of circumstance, be prepared to listen to those whisper from those other worlds.

What "whispers" have you heard lately and where have they taken you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment