Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Wilderness



The creative is the place where no one else has ever been.  You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition ~ Alan Alda

Any dream pursuit requires you to go out of your comfort zone and into the wilderness of your intuition to make it work.  This seems to be the theme of the quotes I've chosen lately, all the unexpected benefits from pursuing dream goals.

Getting out of your comfort zone but it's worth it.  Take baby steps.  For me, that was figuring out the best time to write and work every day.  Then that morphed into accepting later hours at work so I could have more times in the mornings.  Eventually I was offered another position with a permanent late hours.  At first I was skeptical of taking a permanent late shift. I went ahead and accepted it. 

Now I have a job that I love, paying the bills for me to write in the mornings.  I attribute such good luck to taking baby steps to figure out what worked for me and my dream journey and getting out of my comfort zone.

What have you done late to get out of your comfort zone?

No comments:

Post a Comment