Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Rest We Take



Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths ~ Etty Hillesum

The first quarter of 2013 is nearly done.  If you're in sales, you might be busy these last couple of weeks trying to make your numbers or add a little gravy to your paycheck.  Easter and Passover are also right around the corner so you might be busy with those holidays coming up.

I hope that your 2013 is going the way that you have planned.  Mine is coming along just fine.  I am currently self-editing Disappear With Me and A Place to Call Their Own has entered its first round of edits with my editors at Musa Publishing.  I am working on the outline and notes for my third novel.  Yes, 2013 is about stepping up not only my writing game, but also learning to juggle multiple projects at once:  writing one manuscript, editing a finished manuscript, promoting a completed work, and researching a future project. 

But also important to me is balance between writing, working a full time job, and fun!  Although achieving my goals is important to me, I also recognize that rest and relaxation are an important part of the process as well.  Whenever writing seems like work or a chore, that's when I know I need to take break to rekindle the old excitement.

Do you set boundaries for yourself to make sure you're enjoying the journey as well as accomplishing your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment